LEMONT, Ill. – The Illinois Junior Golf Association alumni are off to a hot start this fall season. Check out a few of the highlights below:
- Patrick Flavin took first place individual honors at the Wolf Run Intercollegiate, while leading his Miami University team to a second place finish overall. Check out the story here.
- Illinois Wesleyan won the Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament lead by freshman Andrew Abel who tied for first place as an individual. A number of other IJGA alumni also played in this tournament.
- Ally Scaccia, a senior at Bradley University, took medalist honors at the season opening Redbird Invitational, finishing five strokes better than the runner-up. Saccia wasn’t the only IJGA/MAJGT alumni atop the leaderboard, check out the full results to see some other familiar names.
- The Clarke University Fall Invite also featured several alumni, most notably Peter Leinenweber of Loras College who carded a 3-over-par 75 to share medalist honors.
- Carthage College hosted its annual Carthage Shootout on the Boarder this past weekend and the field featured a number of IJGA/MAJGT alumni.