This page contains information on the Frank Gibbons Links Fore Hope Foundation Medical Hardship Grant. IJGA members and parents should read the entire document thoroughly, including the program description and general instructions for filling out the application.
Here are a few reminders:
- Only members of the Illinois Junior of Association are eligible
- Only applications made on this official Application Form will be accepted.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
There is no deadline for this application – applications will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis by the committee.
- About the Frank Gibbons Links For Hope Foundation Medical Hardship Grant
- Recipients will be selected by committee based on the information submitted.
- The number of grants awarded annually will be determined by committee. The general cap for support will be $1,000, but consideration will be made on a case by case basis.
- Grant dollars, where possible, will be paid directly to the end vendor. For example, if a driving range pass is needed by the junior golfer, the range pass will be purchased by the Foundation at a particular facility and given to the junior.
- Are 2018 IJGA Members who have had an immediate family member affected by a catastrophic or life-threatening illness.
- Have had a lifelong bond with the affected family member that is based on the game of golf.
- Have been affected financially by the illness and/or its ongoing treatment.
How to Apply
- Members must complete and submit the application form found on this page
- Essay response to the following questions: What role does the game of golf play in your life, particularly with the family member that has become ill? What life lessons have you learned from golf and that person? How has the game of golf made you a better person?